Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84591members
353859posts

PM8000 Power Meter Password Recovery

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa74337_bridg
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

PM8000 Power Meter Password Recovery

Hi, All,

I have a PM8000 demo meter on my desk and the default password has been changed by someone from our office. I would like to know is that a backdoor password that I can use to reset the password?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

James

Accepted Solutions
Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: PM8000 Power Meter Password Recovery

If you can remember the IP connect meter to your computer then let tech. support access your computer remotely I use to do maintenance job with tech. support long ago.

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
Adam_Hardman
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi James,

You will need to speak to Technical Support. Some meters have a backdoor access but not all.

Adam

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

If you can remember the IP connect meter to your computer then let tech. support access your computer remotely I use to do maintenance job with tech. support long ago.

sesa299783_brid
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi Yut

We just received a PM8000 from a customer with the same problem. Did you have someone's contact (e-mail) for Tech Support in Canada or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

The one who used to help me now transfer to relay business. Try to prepare for remote the contact tech. support.

Fabricio
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)

Hi James, Yut,

There is no direct phone contact to support in Canada, in order to reach out to technical support please escalate the questions through your country technical support team, they can quickly reach the expert team.

For the PM8000 meters there is NO password reset procedures, the security implementation on the ION meters does not allow access through backdoor password, the only way to reset the password is re-flashing the meter memory in the factory.

If the customer still have the password file generated using ION Setup (ION Setup gives you the option to save the password configuration to a file), the technical support team will be able to assist you recovering the password.

Regards,

Fabricio