Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84257members
353353posts

ION7650 Displaying negative kW

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

ION7650 Displaying negative kW

Hello All,

I have 4 x ION7650s metering 11kV supplies. The meter displays negative kiloWatts when drawing a load from the grid.

Is there a way to swap the CT polarity over in either the framework via PME Designer or in ION Setup?

I am trying to avoid a shutdown to physically change the CT connections.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: ION7650 Displaying negative kW

So I found a solution, not neccessarily the easiest one, but I only have remote access:

The Problem:

ION 7650 displaying Powers with a negative value (don't ask why...):

the_problem.jpg

The Solution (...or the one that I managed to figure out...):

- Open ION Setup > "Meter xxx" > Setup Assistant > Security. Select 'Security Mode' and 'Edit'. When prompted, select 'standard.mcf' file. Select 'Allow Web Server Programming' and select 'Next' and 'Finish'. (Up to you whether you want to store the security file)

ss1.jpgss2.jpg

Open a browser and type in the IP address of your ION 7650.

Go to 'Setup' and change 'Ia Polarity', 'Ib Polarity', 'Ic Polarity' etc from 'Normal' to 'Inverted'

ss3.jpg

Go back to ION Setup and disable 'Allow Web Server Programming' as in previous steps.

The Result:

solved.jpg

Et Voila.

Another may yet well come along and describe a better / quicker / easier way...

Happy days!

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

So I found a solution, not neccessarily the easiest one, but I only have remote access:

The Problem:

ION 7650 displaying Powers with a negative value (don't ask why...):

the_problem.jpg

The Solution (...or the one that I managed to figure out...):

- Open ION Setup > "Meter xxx" > Setup Assistant > Security. Select 'Security Mode' and 'Edit'. When prompted, select 'standard.mcf' file. Select 'Allow Web Server Programming' and select 'Next' and 'Finish'. (Up to you whether you want to store the security file)

ss1.jpgss2.jpg

Open a browser and type in the IP address of your ION 7650.

Go to 'Setup' and change 'Ia Polarity', 'Ib Polarity', 'Ic Polarity' etc from 'Normal' to 'Inverted'

ss3.jpg

Go back to ION Setup and disable 'Allow Web Server Programming' as in previous steps.

The Result:

solved.jpg

Et Voila.

Another may yet well come along and describe a better / quicker / easier way...

Happy days!

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

I suggest next time when the palnt shutdown for maintenance please correct the wiring then set meter back to normal CT polarity. To make everything being conventional should be best practice.

To change the Ix polarity it can be done from ION Setup no need to do from web page.