Users may want to know how to perform the online activation of an embedded license
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium (AS-P)
- Building Operation Automation Server Bundled (AS-B)
From Building Operation 2022, the Automation Server (Classic/Secure boot AS-B or AS-P) and features like Smart Drivers, SNMP notifications, Personalized dashboards, TimescaleDB, MQTT Publish/Subscribe, Modbus, Serial MS/TP, ES Connection, Server I/O, Field Devices, SAML Authentication, Zoning, and BACnet IP require a license.
Customers need to know how to activate their embedded licenses to enable these features.
This video will demonstrate how to
- Find the list of supported features by each activation ID.
- Activate an embedded license on an Automation Server
- Verify the embedded license status via the Device Administrator, Workstation, and the Flexnet operation license portal.
- Check each activation ID's supported features using the part number or license description through the Features and Licensed Products Table.
- The Flexnet operation license portal is a public FlexNet Login (flexnetoperations.com) accessible from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- The Automation Server and the PC running the Device Administrator must have outbound connectivity to the license activation server over the Internet. Check the resolution section of this article Could not establish contact with License Server using SmartX Server - Communities to verify if the Automation Server has access to the Flexnet license activation server.
- For troubleshooting, refer to Embedded license activation fails.
- Web helps: Assigning Licenses and Activating Licenses Online.
- An Embedded DEMO license is available for temporary use during project engineering and installation until you know each device's specific licensing needs. Please visit How to activate a demo license on an Automation Server at EBO 2022.
- If the Automation Server does not have access to the Flexnet license activation server (no Internet connection), you can perform the steps in the following article Offline activation of embedded licenses.
Please take note that starting from Building Operation 2023 version 5.0.3 and higher, Automation Servers are no longer required to be connected to the Internet. The Device Administrator can access the internet and manage communication and license activation for the 'offline' Automation Servers.
- A shorter version of the Online Activation of Embedded Licenses for Automation Servers-Digital Job Book (nampss.com). is available on the NAM PSS site. (Note: Registration for access to this site may be required.)