Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84484members
353706posts

Synchrophasors

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
p_dejarmy_encos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Synchrophasors

Hello everyone,

A costumer (utility) is requesting a solution that implements synchrophasors. Is there any line of product or solution that could meet thise requirement?

Best regards,

Pablo.

Accepted Solutions
Sanjeet_Sahota
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Synchrophasors

Hi Pablo,

As I am not an Offer Manager, I cannot speak to future product evolution's and the inclusion of synchrophasors in existing products.  However, unfortunately, at this time, we do no support synchrophasors in any of the Utility or Advanced range products.  This is something that we have definitely taken into consideration, but at this time, I do not have any further information I can share on the subject.

Regards,

Sanjeet

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
Yut
Captain
Captain

This is what I'm waiting for too. I heard that the implementation of IEEE C37.118 (PMU) into the PM9000 is postponed again.

Sanjeet_Sahota
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi Pablo,

As I am not an Offer Manager, I cannot speak to future product evolution's and the inclusion of synchrophasors in existing products.  However, unfortunately, at this time, we do no support synchrophasors in any of the Utility or Advanced range products.  This is something that we have definitely taken into consideration, but at this time, I do not have any further information I can share on the subject.

Regards,

Sanjeet

p_dejarmy_encos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Thank you Sanjeet.

Ezequiel-PROLUX
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hi guys, we are in the same situation now?

A customer is looking for a quality meter that complies with IEEE C37.118.

EduardoFainblum
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

p_dejarmy_encos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello Ezequiel,

It is my understanding that right now Schenider has no offer that includes synchrophasor capabilities. Maybe the upcoming ION9000 will, but I couldn't find any info on it.

Best regards,

Bojan
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello Ezequiel,

Can you share an architecture in which they are planning to use a power quality meter which complies with IEEE C37.118?

Best regards,

Ezequiel-PROLUX
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi Bojan, I can't share the document because it's restricted, but I can say that the PQM's are used in MV and LV of a distribution substation. Like in a bay and in a feeder. We're trying to get more info with the customer about the real need of this compliance.

sesa108084_brid
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Good day 

Is ion9000 equipped with c37.118 sychronophasor function?

TQ

sesa54412_bridg
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

The ION9000 does not support the C37.118 synchrophasor function at this time. 

I will defer to the offer manager, @Sanjeet_Sahota, to provide any additional info. 

If I can ask, it would be good to have some understanding of:

- What is the intended application ?

- What synchronphasor aggregation SW is being used ?

- What reporting rate is required ? What performance class ?

The C37.118 standard has a number of variable performance criteria.

Having a better idea of the C37.118 performance envelop requirements would allow us to better align customer expectations.

Thanks & please share any additional comments and/or questions.

Chris.