Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84579members
353849posts

PM8000 & ION7650 - Modbus register update rate

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
DK-Michael
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

PM8000 & ION7650 - Modbus register update rate

Hi

I have customers asking for the Modbus update rate on the registers. They are using Modbus TCP to get the values to a PLC and would like to get them very very fast for their application.

I would also like to get the value for PM5000 Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP if anyone knows it?

I've tried to find it in "ION Reference -EN" in Modbus Slave Module as I guess it's that one which decides how often the registers should update?

It's two different customer who uses them for Windmill applications. I've suggested them to use the ION Framework to do what the PLC does, but atm they just want the PLC solution.

BR, Michael    

E michael.johansen@se.com
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/mich4el/

Accepted Solutions
DK-Michael
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: PM8000 & ION7650 - Modbus register update rate

Hi Charles

Thanks. I ended up making a test to see for my self. The standard output is only updated every 1 sec (for ION7650), but then I took the Power Module HS and mapped it to a Modbus Slave register and then I could get updates in the Modbus registers every 10ms. For the PM8000 the HS measurements are already mapped to Modbus registers.

BR, Michael

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DK-Michael
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Btw, if there is a difference between the update rate on current, voltage and calculated values like power I would like to know both values

//Michael

Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

The best place to look for this is the ION Template reference. I am not 100% sure but I believe the modbus slave modules are low speed so they update once a second at most. this many not grantee a communication update rate of that speed

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities
DK-Michael
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi Charles

Thanks. I ended up making a test to see for my self. The standard output is only updated every 1 sec (for ION7650), but then I took the Power Module HS and mapped it to a Modbus Slave register and then I could get updates in the Modbus registers every 10ms. For the PM8000 the HS measurements are already mapped to Modbus registers.

BR, Michael

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Normally the out put register update every 1 sec. but the poll rate of the software like DCS, HMI/SCADA software is set for polling by the user usually more than 1 sec. for example 5 15 depends on how many Modbus device in the network and parameters to be polled of course more device or more parameters the polling interval must be increased.