Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84521members
353751posts

COM Library issue

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Romain_Polette
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

COM Library issue

I have installed build v3.0.17307 of ION Setup (after uninstalling a most recent version v3.0 18124).

Installation is OK but when I launch ION Setup I got this error msg window.

"Unable to initialize COM library".

Any help ?

I need the 17307 build because this is the version compatible with the FW upgrade feature for the new Power Solution product IFL12-H (developped in India).

Thanks.

Romain POLETTE - Solution architect - France Operation
Intencity - Grenoble - France
Attachments
Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Romain_Polette
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: COM Library issue

Answer I got from Robert Lee.

"I suspect that error is due to either MS changing something about how the Common Control library is initialized (ION Setup uses that for the Windows File Open/SaveAs dialogs) or some other application is not properly initializing the control when its finished using it.  I've only heard of this occurring on certain PCs so something else is likely the cause (you could likely boot that PC in Windows Safe Mode and start that same ION Setup and it would likely run fine).
"

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Romain_Polette
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: COM Library issue

Answer I got from Robert Lee.

"I suspect that error is due to either MS changing something about how the Common Control library is initialized (ION Setup uses that for the Windows File Open/SaveAs dialogs) or some other application is not properly initializing the control when its finished using it.  I've only heard of this occurring on certain PCs so something else is likely the cause (you could likely boot that PC in Windows Safe Mode and start that same ION Setup and it would likely run fine).
"