Finding the rules governing the BACnet device Instance ID in EBO and learning to change it if required.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium
- Building Operation Automation Server Bundled
The BACnet device Instance ID must be unique within a BACnet system. There may be a need to find out or change the device Instance ID to ensure there are not duplicates.
When a BACnet Interface is added to an SmartX server, AS or ES, the Server will become a BACnet device and it will have an Instance ID (automatically generated or manually assigned).
- To check an ES or AS BACnet device instance ID go to the properties of the BACnet Interface and then the Advanced tab. The device instance ID is defined as the Object ID.
- To check other BACnet device, SmartX controller or 3rd party BACnet device, go to the properties of the BACnet Device and then the Advanced tab. The device instance ID once again is defined as the Object ID.
- No 2 BACnet devices in any system may have the same Instance ID/Object ID.
- The valid range of Instance Numbers for a BACnet device is 0 to 4194302.
Change BACnet Device ID:
You can change BACnet device IDs for SmartX Server or Controller when there is a conflict with another BACnet device, move controller or in those situations where you need to change the originally selected value for some local or site-specific reason.
- In EBO V3.2.3 or higher (except V3.3), it is possible to change BACnet Device ID of an SmartX server (ES, AS-P or AS-B), as explained in: Changing the BACnet Device ID in a SmartX Server
- To change SmartX IP Controller BACnet device ID, follow: Changing a BACnet/IP Device ID