Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84670members
354060posts

PM5110 display value

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa191869
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

PM5110 display value

Hello,

As far as I know PM5110 does not measure ground current. Then what does Ig mean in PM5110 display?

Look forward to your help. Thanks.

rtaImage.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Ramasamy_N
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: PM5110 display value

Hi Soo-Yul,

The Ground current (Ig) and Neutral current (In) will be displayed based on the wire system was selected in PM51/5300 series meters. 3PH3W system the Neutral current will not be applicable, so the meter is displayed Ground current (Ig).

The Ground current calculation method of PM5110 and PM5560 are same.

Regards,

Ramasamy.N

See Answer In Context

7 Replies 7
Ramasamy_N
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hello Soo-Yul,

The ground current value displayed in PM5110 is calculated value using vector sum formula.

However the Ig value displayed in this meter is wrong, I request you to check the phase angle between all three phase inputs.

It should be 120 degree between any two phases.

Regards,

Ramasamy.N

sesa191869
0 Likes

Dear Ramasamy,

Thank you for your reply. For your information, it is 3 phase 3 wire system using 3 CT. Why do we still need to show Ig value?

By the way, I thought only PM556X can measure ground current, isn't it?

Regards,

Ramasamy_N
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi Soo-Yul,

The Ground current (Ig) and Neutral current (In) will be displayed based on the wire system was selected in PM51/5300 series meters. 3PH3W system the Neutral current will not be applicable, so the meter is displayed Ground current (Ig).

The Ground current calculation method of PM5110 and PM5560 are same.

Regards,

Ramasamy.N

guntur_gunawan_
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I have same problem with my new PM5350, replacing analog kwhmeter on old switchgear, others reading is Ok, except Ig is wrong. Is there something wrong with wiring? or something else?

FYI, the meters installed at one switchgear, thereis old/existing 1 PM5350 with zero (0) Ig reading, now i install 15 new PM5350 and all Ig reading is wrong

PM5350 IG.jpg

pm5350 ig wrong.jpeg

Please help if you have same problem and solved.

Regards,

Guntur

Ramasamy_N
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hello Gutur,

Ig is a calculated value in PM5350 series meters. Can you please check the phase angle of new PM5350? It looks 2 phases are in same angle and it must be 120 degree between other phases.

Regards,

Ramasamy N

guntur_gunawan_
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

hi Ramasamy,

what can i do if phases in same angle? what causes that? i dont have any idea about it. can i fix it with swap voltage terminal, R or S or T?

thankyou for response

regards,

Guntur

Ramasamy_N
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi Guntur,

Please check the CT connection in the meter, it should match with the wiring diagram specified in the installation guide.

The Ig value displayed as sum of 2 phase current, if the phase angle of any 2 phases are same. I suggest you check current inputs again.

Regards,

Ramasamy N