Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84695members
354074posts

ION9000 with LVCS and Rogowski coils

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Daniel_Borle
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

ION9000 with LVCS and Rogowski coils

Hi guys,

Does someone know whether it is possible to use SE Rogowski coils directly connected to ION9000s that have LVCS inputs or not?

Thanks

Daniel

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: ION9000 with LVCS and Rogowski coils

Hello @Daniel_Borle ,

Directly connected, no. The output of Rogowski coil CTs are a derivative of the current. The meter does not process this kind of signal correctly. There are CTs or hardware out there that can process Rogowski coil outputs to something the ION9000 meter will expect. No I do not have a part number I can give you or even brands. I just know they exist.

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hello @Daniel_Borle ,

Directly connected, no. The output of Rogowski coil CTs are a derivative of the current. The meter does not process this kind of signal correctly. There are CTs or hardware out there that can process Rogowski coil outputs to something the ION9000 meter will expect. No I do not have a part number I can give you or even brands. I just know they exist.

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities
Tags (1)
Daniel_Borle
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Thanks @Charles_Murison 

Tags (1)