Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84847members
354304posts

ION9000 digital output application

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Szymon_Hochół
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

ION9000 digital output application

Hello Experts,

in one of our projects we are trying to replace A-Eberle's PQI-DA Smart power quality meter with our device. We want to use ION9000. PQI-DA has two digital outputs with fixed functionalities:

Przechwytywanie.JPG

Customer wants to collect these signals via controller in MV switchboard. So we need to program ION's outputs to perform in similar way. 

B01

The perfect solution would be to trigger digital output every time when ION's Diagnostic Module records a warning or failure event.

Przechwytywanie2.JPG

However, I couldn't figure out a way to find a register that we could use as a trigger in such approach. Any ideas?

B02

I'm thinking about merging pulses that trigger waveform recordings for sag/swell and transient. Additionaly, we could also use triggers from alarms in Setpoint Modules. Any of these would change the digital output state for 1s. What do you think about this? Maybe you have other ideas?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated here 🙂

Thank you, best regards

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: ION9000 digital output application

Hello SHO,

I do not know of a single register that would be able to give you what you are looking for. The BIST register in the diagnostic module is close but this can have non-zero values that are not an issue for the device.

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hello @Szymon_Hochół ,

B01: I do not think there is a just a single register that could be used to determine the meter's state. The event register is used to write to the meter's onboard event log, it is not an ION register than can be linked to another module.

B02: Possible to link pulse merge module with different triggers to a oneshot timer module. Output from the Oneshot timer could then be used to drive the state of the output.

Regards,

Charles

Tags (1)
Szymon_Hochół
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi @Charles_Murison

Thanks for your input 🙂 Do you have any suggestion on how to achieve anything possibly close to what B01 offers? Any mechanisms inside ION9000 to be notified about malfunctions?

Thanks

Have a good weekend 😉

Tags (1)
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hello SHO,

I do not know of a single register that would be able to give you what you are looking for. The BIST register in the diagnostic module is close but this can have non-zero values that are not an issue for the device.

Regards,

Charles

Tags (1)