Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84352members
353536posts

ION7650 Reset IP without Display

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa88669
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

ION7650 Reset IP without Display

I have an ION7650 without the display. I used the web interface to change the IP and now I am not sure what the IP is. I have lost all connectivity to it. How do I restore the IP to either default or get in to change it? Again, there is no display, just the base with the network card.

On another note, I used ION Setup to change the IP on another device and once I change the IP, it sent the update to the device. I wasn't able to change the Netmask or Gateway without going through the display. That is a concern.

3 Replies 3
Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: ION7650 Reset IP without Display

try to use serial ports either 232 or 485.

patrickw
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

When the 7650 device powers up, it will send out a gratuitous ARP packet, containing its current IP address.  If you have wireshark installed and connected to the same switch as the 7650, or directly to the meter, you will be able to capture the ARP packet (which is a layer 2 broadcast packet).  You can filter based on the source MAC address of the device to simplify finding this packet. 

I believe the timing for the packet being sent is around 10-20 seconds after powerup.

michael_franz
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Wireshark I wish I knew you well.  Does work for this sometimes....