Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84849members
354306posts

ION Setup v3.0: SEPAM Protection Relays

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

ION Setup v3.0: SEPAM Protection Relays

Hi All,

I have circa 150ish SEPAMs of various models (S40, T40, S80, T80 etc etc) on a site, all wired on a Modbus RS485 to TCPIP network.

Are the SEPAMs confgurable via ION Setup? I do not want access to the protection or trip settings, just basic info, updating clocks, alarm thresholds.

“Powerlogic SEPAM Digital Relay” is in the device list, however, when I try and connect via ION Setup, nothing happens. I’ve carried out network fault finding, and that is all fine. I can see the device in PME Vista.

Many thanks.

@Robert_Lee

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain

Re: ION Setup v3.0: SEPAM Protection Relays

SEPAM relays were only partially added to allow QA operations only (i.e. that the relays were communicating and some basic diagnostics information was available like model, version, SN#).  No configuration of any registers were requested via ION Setup so at this point, so no work has been done to allow for setup configuration.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain

SEPAM relays were only partially added to allow QA operations only (i.e. that the relays were communicating and some basic diagnostics information was available like model, version, SN#).  No configuration of any registers were requested via ION Setup so at this point, so no work has been done to allow for setup configuration.

enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Thanks @Robert_Lee,

That's what I wanted to know. I don't want to be able to change any settings remotely anyhow (...that could be dangerous!!) but rather just check comms, S/N, set time etc. The system has hundreds of other Powerlogic devices (ION7650s, PM5000s, PM8000s etc) so it will be handy to manage the Sepam's from the same utility.

I tried to connect to a Sepam T40 via ION Setup and it did not return any data, so just to help me in my fault finding:

1) Does the firmware need to be upgraded to the latest version to work with ION Setup? They are quite old and I think F/W version is V0.0.0

2) Is there a "Comm Protection" setting like there is on the iEM-range meters?

I can view the Sepams from PME Vista and scan all the registers via Modscan, so I know field comms are ok.

Many thanks.