Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84686members
354044posts

ION METER AS SLAVE MODBUS

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa371309
Schneider Alumni (Retired)

ION METER AS SLAVE MODBUS

i would like  see the  modbus register of my ION 7650 and ION 7500 with EGX300.

I can connect ION 7650 and ION 7500 , also I see their data in supervisor, but when I want see their modbus register I have  some  problems. I have tried view register modbus 40011-40100 .

Message was edited by: JOSUE DANFER SAAVEDRA YANAYACO this is the results of register modbus that is differents .

Attachments
5 Replies 5
Yut
Captain
Captain

Re: ION METER AS SLAVE MODBUS

Try to start the address from 40150 it will be Ia,  Va will be at 40166. Try to download  ION_Devices_Modbus_Register_Map.pdf .

The best thing to do, use ION Setup see the actual Modbus map.

JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

What is your application? Seems and combination of devices? Is there no PME?

sesa371309
0 Likes

thansk for suggestions, but  my problem is that I can not  read the  modbus register.

I tried configure my ION7500 /ION 7650  with ION SETUP also.

Attachments
sesa371309
0 Likes

My application is read modbus register ( read digital inputs,analog inputs) of ION 7650/7500 as slave modbus.The network of device of some enterprises is protocol  modbus to protocol not ethernet .For this I can not use my ION as modbus master and use communication through ethernet.

VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Hi Josue,

Please see the ION7650 User Guide -> "Configuring the Meter as a Modbus Slave".

Then make sure the "Modbus Map Access" is set to Yes in the "Security Options Module" (ref. to ION Reference)

The "Common Modbus Registers - EN" document will give you accurate information about the default modbus registers in our ION meters.

Regards,

Victor