Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84507members
353729posts

DLMS over Ethernet / test client software

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko

DLMS over Ethernet / test client software

Hello everyone,

Have you had any chance to test the DLMS over Ethernet functionality in ION8650 / ION8800 or newer meters that support DLMS protocol?

Where you succesfull in establishing a connection from a client software to the meter? Can you share some details if so?

Our documentation is very vague on this subject and the meter User Guide / ION Reference and the DLMS/COSEM and ION technology seems not enough.

I ran into a client software (EZReader) - I think this is the only free tool available on www - so I gave it a try. Anyone using a different tool?

Unfortunately I can't connect to a ION8800 fw. 370s (I enabled DLMS Over TCP on port 4059 and configured some DLMS Log Export modules for test.) - the tool returns "No response", The settings I'm using for EZReader should work unless I'm missing something,

image.png

Your inputs / comments / suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions
Sanjeet_Sahota
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: DLMS over Ethernet / test client software

Hi @VictorMarincus

The EZ reader tool does not do the HDLC over Ethernet (i.e. Serial protocol over ethernet).  I would suggest using Gurux:  https://www.gurux.fi/

Once downloaded and running, To add a device, click File -> Add Device

You will need the following settings:

Correct Setting.png

The settings are in Hex for Physical and Client Address (Physical should be 100, and Client 16).  Once added, Right click on the device and hit connect.  Everything should work fine.

Regards,

Sanjeet

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Sanjeet_Sahota
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi @VictorMarincus

The EZ reader tool does not do the HDLC over Ethernet (i.e. Serial protocol over ethernet).  I would suggest using Gurux:  https://www.gurux.fi/

Once downloaded and running, To add a device, click File -> Add Device

You will need the following settings:

Correct Setting.png

The settings are in Hex for Physical and Client Address (Physical should be 100, and Client 16).  Once added, Right click on the device and hit connect.  Everything should work fine.

Regards,

Sanjeet

VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Thank you Sanjeet,

That is really helpful. I confirm I was able to do the test using GXDLMSDirector.

But then ... Smiley Wink ... where is the Phisical Address comming from?
I propose to change the existing documentation because there's nothing about this mentioned:

https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/download/document/7EN22-0123/

Is the 100h address hardcoded for DLMS over TCP?

Regards,

Victor

@Sanjeet_Sahota