Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84392members
353580posts

Can I change or add a TCP port for a specific protocol like IEC61850 on ION Meters?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Ezequiel-PROLUX
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Can I change or add a TCP port for a specific protocol like IEC61850 on ION Meters?

Hello, our customer has four SCADA systems that will consume data from ION Meters, and their pattern is to use different ports for each system.

I told them to use NAT on the routers, but they want to know if it's possible to bind/open different ports for IEC61850.

Is that possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Can I change or add a TCP port for a specific protocol like IEC61850 on ION Meters?

Hello @Ezequiel-PROLUX 

Is the customer wanting to have a different port for each IEC61850 connection, or have all the connections use the same port but on a different than default port?

Option 1 is not possible, the ports are on a per protocol settings and not that granular. Option 2 is possible on some meters with the latest firmware. You did not include what meters were were talking about nor the firmware so I could not say.

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Can I change or add a TCP port for a specific protocol like IEC61850 on ION Meters?

Hello @Ezequiel-PROLUX 

Is the customer wanting to have a different port for each IEC61850 connection, or have all the connections use the same port but on a different than default port?

Option 1 is not possible, the ports are on a per protocol settings and not that granular. Option 2 is possible on some meters with the latest firmware. You did not include what meters were were talking about nor the firmware so I could not say.

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities
Ezequiel-PROLUX
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hi Charles, is the option 1 that they want.

So this can only be achieved with routers configuration.

Thanks for your quick answer!