Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84384members
353572posts

NetBotz 455 not picking up GSM Modem

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Mr_T
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

NetBotz 455 not picking up GSM Modem

Hello Everyone

I have a NetBotz 455 running on v4.7 that I wish to Configure SMS Alerts. However when I connect the GSM Modem via the USB Port, the NetBotz is not showing that a Serial Device has been connected via the USB Port.

I configreset the NetBotz, changed the Firmware to lower versions but still the GSM is not being displayed on the NetBotz.

I have used the same type of GSM Modem on other NetBotz 455s and it works perfectly fine.

Anyone with a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

@gsterling @Jef @DCIM_Support 

Attachments
Tags (1)
4 Replies 4
JLehr
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: NetBotz 455 not picking up GSM Modem

Hi @Mr_T 

Have you tried searching the APC FAQs? This article discusses supported modems:

https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA158359/

I'd suggest contacting support if you haven't solved the issue by now.

Best,

Jackie

Tags (1)
KevinK
Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master
Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Hi @Mr_T ,

You might want to consider doing a TFTP to an older firmware version. Try reconnecting the GSM following the TFTP precedure and then upgrade the firmware back to the latest version. 

I have had a similar issue before and the above resolve it on a few occasions. 

Kevin

Tags (1)
Marquardt
Cadet
0 Likes

We're looking for an environmental monitoring system that links together back to a master controller for our DCs and IDFs. It needs to be network enabled all the way through, as our IDFs do not have copper back to the MDF, only fiber. What do you guys use that would satisfy those requirements?

MyLowesLife

Tags (1)
Luis4521
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: NetBotz 455 not picking up GSM ModeThe information presented in this manual is not warranted by Schneider ... Choosing a Language . ... Monitor 4m

The information presented in this manual is not warranted by Schneider Choosing a Language . Monitor 455, and NetBotz Room Monitor 355. The unit can take up to two minutes to initialize, depending on appliance configuration.

walgreenslistens

Tags (1)