WPT and WPTE require certain Microsoft Security updates for Visio and for Office running on the host machines.
Issues currently observed:
- Different and various functions in the fluent ribbon do not work or the ribbon does not appear.
- The following error "Application compile failure during save operation" is seen when saving/compiling an application in WorkPlace Tech Editor
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC IA Series
- Visio 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021(.msi install)
- Visio 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 (subscription "Click to Run", Plan 2)
- Office 2010, 2013, 2016 (.msi install)
- Office 2013, 2016, 365 (subscription "Click to Run", Plan 2)
- Support for Workplace Tech 5.10 / previous and Workplace Tech Editor
- Note: Visio 2019 and Visio 2021 are not supported in 5.9.4 or EBO versions before EBO 2022. Visio 2019 and Visio 2021 are supported when using Workplace Tech 5.10.x and EBO 2022.
Interoperability of Visio and Office can cause problems with Workplace Tech and Workplace Tech Editor if these MS16-70 updates are not applied. If the Office / Visio product is "Click to Run" the software has not been updated to the latest version.
Install the updates from Microsoft Update Catalog
To use the catalog, copy and paste the KB number into the "search". Always select the 32-bit version of the update.
Visio 2010 32 bit KB3114872 Office 2010 KB3115198 select 32 bit
Visio 2013 32 bit KB3115020 Office 2013 KB3115173 select 32 bit
Visio 2016/2019 32 bit KB3115041 Office 2016 KB3115144 select 32 bit
Visio 2016/2019 32 bit KB4484333
NOTE: If the Visio or Office is "Click to Run" (subscription such as Office 365, Plan 2) rather than from a Microsoft Office .msi, the product should be upgraded by using the Update Options feature
If you try and install the KB/.msi install patches, you will get this message