Using BACnet IP to add a SmartStruxure Lite MPM to a StruxureWare Building Operation Enterprise Server or Automation Server
EcoStruxure Building Expert, EcoStruxure Building Operation
SmartStruxure Lite systems may desire an Enterprise Level Solution to bring multiple sites into one system.
- Configure the SmartStruxure Lite MPM for BACnet IP as shown in MPM BACnet Integration.
- Ensure that the BACnet Network ID is Unique to the system and does not match the Network ID in use by the Enterprise Server
- Save the BACnet Configuration
- Be sure to Right Click on the Root Object of the MPM and save the database.
- Open StruxureWare for Building Operation Workstation
- Right Click on the Server Object and add a BACnet Interface
- Ensure that the BACnet interface has a unique BACnet Network ID which does not match the Network ID used by the MPM
- Expand the BACnet Interface
- Click on the Server Object and select the Device Discovery Tab
- Select BACnet Devices
- NOTE: There have been instances of Skype causing interference with this process. Please completely close Skype if you are using it and unable to discover any devices.
- ALSO NOTE: There may be 2 instances of the MPM shown. If so, use the MPM that is part of the Enterprise Server BACnet Network
- Drag the MPM to the BACnet Interface/IP Network object in the Enterprise Server System Tree
- Right Click on the Device and Upload it
- If any devices are connected to the MPM such as a Zigbee Wireless State or Enocean switch, these will be discovered in the BACnet Network configured in the MPM
- Add these devices to the Enterprise Server by dragging and dropping them to the BACnet Interface/IP Network object
- Right Click and upload all devices.