Unable to connect Remote Client to Standalone Server
ASTDIR error when attempting to configure I/NET is sometimes caused by not being logged in as an administrator.
- I/NET Seven
- Remote Client Workstation type
In most cases, the issue that blocks the remote client connection is port 50069. This must be opened between the two workstations, and use an admin-level I/NET password must be used to initiate communication as well as having to be logged in as an administrator on the local machine.
- Log in to Windows as an administrator-level user
- Make sure that the I/O server is not running
- Open I/NET Configuration
- Modify the active profile or create a new one
- Set TCP/IP settings as well as required reference hosts
- For Workstation type, select Remote Client or Remote Client (w/IO)
- When the authentication screen comes up, enter an I/NET operator name with full access.
- Enter the Host name of the standalone machine functioning as the server. (IP address can be used instead)
- Leave Authentication Type as default.
- Press OK
- Press OK and start I/NET