SE7000/SE8000 controllers are randomly going offline or are undiscoverable on BACnet network.
EcoStruxure Building Operation, EcoStruxure Building Expert
- Building Operation Workstation
- Building Operation Automation Server
- SSL SE7000
- SSL SE8000
Improper terminations of the BACnet MS/TP communication cable.
The REF (reference) Terminal is a BACnet Reference which is a voltage reference required by BACnet testing lab (BTL) and it is rarely used in the industry. If not used as a reference, The Ref terminal should be left empty. It is not a terminal to land a shield nor a ground.
At each thermostat (Cable Junction) :
- Connect the (+) and the (-) wires
- Twist the shields together
- Tape around the cable to prevent short-circuit. Ground the shield at one end only (usually on the BAS side) and leave the REF terminal empty
- Ensure that the shield wire is not connected to the REF (Reference) terminal.