How to place an order for more LNS credits to allow LNS plug-ins to work and to be able to commission more devices.
TAC IA Series, TAC Vista
There are two types of credits:
- Product specific credits like LonMaker and NL credits
- LNS credits
LNS credits are assigned to the PC and when they reach zero, the LNS Server license goes into deficit mode. After 14 days the deficit mode will expire, at which time no LNS tools will be able to be used on that PC. To reverse the lockout, enough LNS credits must be ordered to cover the deficit and any additional nodes that need to be commissioned. Backing up, sharing, and restoring LNS databases can sometimes corrupt these LNS credits, which then prohibits you from launching any LNS plug-ins. For more help with corrupt LNS credits see Corrupted LNS Credits.
LonMaker credits are assigned to the PC. Both LNS and LonMaker credits are required, however when commissioning devices in LonMaker, LonMaker credits are consumed but LNS credits are not. Even though LNS credits are not consumed in LonMaker they are still necessary because certain LNS applications (i.e. TAC Vista System Plug-in) require them to operate.
Each time a node is commissioned in NL220 it requires a NL credit and a LNS credit. NL credits are assigned to the NL220 dongle and can be used on other PCs in "MOVED" mode. LNS credits are also necessary in NL220 to operate certain LNS applications such as the TAC Vista System Plug-in.
To order more Echelon LonMaker credits see Ordering more Echelon LonMaker credits.
To order more Newron NL220 credits see Ordering more Newron NL220 credits.
To check the amount of LNS credits remaining on a PC go to Start > All Programs > Echelon LNS Utilities > LNS Server License Wizard and look for Credits Available.
To order more LNS credits:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Echelon LNS Utilities > LNS Server License Wizard
- In the box named Credit Order, type in how many credits to order, then click Next.
- Following the instructions at the top of the window, Click the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the PC key generated by LNS Server License Wizard. Click Cancel.
- Compose a new email and paste the PC key into the body of the email. Address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org or your local Schneider Electric Buildings Business order department so they can place the order.
- Follow the instructions at the top of the email making sure to fill out all required fields.
- Once Echelon or the local Schneider Electric Buildings Business order department sends back an Application Key, go to Start > All Programs > Echelon LNS Utilities > LNS Server License Wizard. Click next and paste the application key into the field titled "Application Key". Click Finish.