Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84686members
354040posts

PM620 Firmware

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

neil_dove_varse
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

PM620 Firmware

Does anyone know where I can download PM620 firmware (tried the knowledge base)

We are upgrading an old SMS system to PME and need to upgrade the firmware (currently showing 21000.10003 on the SMS comms test) to version 12.002.

Thanks

Neil Dove

5 Replies 5
sesa50168
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: PM620 Firmware

Hi Neil -

I'll have to do some digging regarding the firmware, but have an alternate suggestion.  I've learned that the PME was not in a position to test every firmware version of every one of the meters that you might encounter when converting an SMS system to PME.  Therefore they picked a version of firmware, and tested based on that version.  The chances are strong that the difference in the firmware you have, vs the tested firmware, are small enough that PME will work with your meter.  Before I went to the trouble to change the firmware, I'd first try the meter as is.

neil_dove_varse
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi John,

Thanks for that.

I can't believe it's nearly 20 years since David and Adrian started PowerLogic in the UK.

Best regards,

Neil

Sent from my HTC

VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Hi Neil,

If I remember correctly, the ION6200 has to have a additional firmware module to actually upgrade the firmware. It is not done via some software.

It is a kit - same structure as the power supply - that has the firmware built-in. However I haven't seen the kit for a while and do not know if it is still produced.

Somebody at the factory might have some more info.

Regards,

Victor

neil_dove_varse
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the mail.

The meters in question are really old Square-D PM620's and not the ION6200.

Maybe Schneider should give meters snappier names in future and not just numbers

Best regards

Neil

VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Thanks Neil ... sorry for confusion created.