Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84702members
354078posts

No

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa101974_brid
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

No

NO

4 Replies 4
sesa56314
0 Likes

Re: Forget IP Address of EGX100

If you are able to connect to it directly with a laptop over ethernet, you should be able run wireshark and see an ARP request when you plug the cable in.  Reviewing the details of the ARP request will show you the IP address.

Here is a more detailed FAQ for background.

How to determine the IP address of an EGX/ECC gateway

Hal_Etheridge
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

The 127.x.x.x is the default loopback address for TCP/IP so I doubt the PC will be able to talk to anything in that address range without some reconfiguring of the TCP/IP stack (assuming this is even possible).

In the EGX documentation there should be a section where it describes how to reset the gateway back to factory default communication settings using either a button somewhere the device or connecting to the serial port and then power cycling.  If you can not find the documentation or it still does not work then a quick technical support call should resolve this.

Sanjeet_Sahota
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi Ta Cong,

If you have access to the EGX100, the only way you may be able to master reset it is as outlined as follows:

F1C69F2F.PNG

Untitled.png
This is located in the install guide.  This will be the only way to do it without an RMA as far as I can see.

Best Regards

michael_franz
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Read my mind - the answer I was going to provide.  Some people also know how to use wire shark to spot the IP.