Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84392members
353580posts

ION9000 Battery replacement

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Victor_Yacu
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

ION9000 Battery replacement

Hello Everyone,

A customer asked me if ION9000 meters is possible to replace the battery.

I know for ION7X50 is possible to add an auxiliary battery AA in the communitacion card and removing a jumper to disconnect the old one.
- Battery: AA type, Lithiium 3.6 V, 2.4 Ah

And for ION8650 the old battery has to be replace for a new battery.
- Battery: with molex cable, Lithium 3.6 V, 1.0 Ah,

So, is it posible adding or replacement the battery on ION9000 and the type of battery?

Thanks

Farid Yauri

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: ION9000 Battery replacement

There is provision for a battery replacement at a future date. Given that the batter is expected to last between 7-10 years (powered or un powered) No kit has been made to sell a replacement battery yet. I do not have specs to give you at this time.

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: ION9000 Battery replacement

There is provision for a battery replacement at a future date. Given that the batter is expected to last between 7-10 years (powered or un powered) No kit has been made to sell a replacement battery yet. I do not have specs to give you at this time.

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities