Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84770members
354204posts

ION7650 Which nominal voltage?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Philippe_Morel
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

ION7650 Which nominal voltage?

Which nominal voltage should I use for this network (4W-WYE) so that the ION7650 takes waveforms? (15400.00V or 8891.19V ?)

(There is no real neutral conductor in the medium voltage station.)

Is it enough to fill in the nominal voltage for getting waveforms, or do I still need to configure something else?

Accepted Solutions
Bojan
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: ION7650 Which nominal voltage?

Hi Christine,

I think Philippe is asking about nominal voltage from Basic Setup, not Sag / Swell Module Settings - Nominal Voltage from Basic Setup is for harmonics calculation, and Nom Volts from Sag / Swell Module Settings is used for all Power Quality functions.

According to ION7650 / 7550 Programming Guide Nom Volts from Sag / Swell Module Settings is the primary power system voltage (sometimes different than PT Primary setup register value), which should be the same as Nominal Voltage from Basic Setup, I guess.

Best Regards,

Bojan

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
sesa70148
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Hi Philippe, you might need to set the nominal voltage for Sag/Swells in order for the meter to capture waveforms. I know this setting impacts a lot of the power quality features. You can do this in the ION Setup Assistant, on the Power Quality > Sag/Swell screen. There should be a setting for nominal voltage.

Hal_Etheridge
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

The nominal voltage setting is required by the Sag/Swell module to correctly trigger waveforms *through that module*.  The nominal voltage should not need to be set to capture waveforms in general.  For instance you can manually trigger a waveform capture without setting this value.  What setting the nominal value does is configuring the Sag/Swell module thresholds as to what is a Sag or Swell.  No setting means no Sag or Swells will be detected and thus no waveforms will be automatically triggered in that particular situation as a side effect.

For the question whether the nominal voltage you need to program is the primary or secondary voltage I am not sure.

Bojan
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Christine,

I think Philippe is asking about nominal voltage from Basic Setup, not Sag / Swell Module Settings - Nominal Voltage from Basic Setup is for harmonics calculation, and Nom Volts from Sag / Swell Module Settings is used for all Power Quality functions.

According to ION7650 / 7550 Programming Guide Nom Volts from Sag / Swell Module Settings is the primary power system voltage (sometimes different than PT Primary setup register value), which should be the same as Nominal Voltage from Basic Setup, I guess.

Best Regards,

Bojan