Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84854members
354316posts

ION7550 Modbus register show wrong data

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa101974_brid
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

ION7550 Modbus register show wrong data

Hi all,

I am reading data from ion 7550 about pc via modbus. But the data read is incorrect.

Read register 40198 is correct.

read register 40200 is correct

read register 40202 is correct

but read register 40204 is wrong.

For more details, open the included file.

Please Help me with this case.

Thanks,

Ta Cong

Attachments
1 Reply 1
Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain

Re: ION7550 Modbus register show wrong data

Looking at the result, something is only accessing the value as a 16 bit register instead of a 32 bit one.

26944 decimal = 0x6940 as a 16 bit value

551232 decimal = 0x00086940 as a 32 bit value

So either the register is being scaled incorrectly inside the meter's template or the PC is not reading the register correctly and masking off the first register.

I would suggest using some type of program like Modscan or ION Setup to confirm the register contents by reading all of the registers to see how they are being populated.

If register 40204 does indeed contain 0 while register 40205 contains 0x6940, then the problem is within the actual meter and you will need ION Setup communicating using ION protocol to the 7550 to confirm how the scaling of the kW total is being performed.