Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84400members
353589posts

ION7400 - Display turns off

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Victor_Yacu
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

ION7400 - Display turns off

Hello,

I have a question, i know that ION7400 meters after some seconds (baklight time) decrease the brightness but the display allways is on.

I have a ION7400 that its display turns off after some hours then the display turns on again, maybe the device do that to preserve the lifetime of the display. Is this a normal behaviour?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: ION7400 - Display turns off

Not quite enough information to make a determination. Recommend talking with tech support and possibly getting the meter's event log.

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hello Far_yauri,

Hard to say from the description alone if this is normal behaviour. If you look at the meter's event log, is there a power down/power up event(s)? If so, this is not normal behaviour and I recommend contacting technical support for further troubleshooting. Tech support may need to remotely connect to the meter to extract logs, would this be possible if they ask? Remote to a computer/laptop with internet access then telnet/SSH to the meter.

Charles 

Victor_Yacu
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hello Charles,

Unfornately I don't have access to the meter to extract the event log, but in some pictures I see that display is turns off while the Power and Alarm LEDs are On all the time.

Farid

Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Not quite enough information to make a determination. Recommend talking with tech support and possibly getting the meter's event log.