Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84849members
354307posts

ION Setup and iEM3155/3255 problem

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa8515
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

ION Setup and iEM3155/3255 problem

Here is feedback from customer that is using ION Setup to configure iEM3xxx meters:

- ION setup shows energy in W but in description is kW

- after saving project with iEM3xxx meters the polarity setting (like 8N1) is lost

- there is not energy divided by tariffs visible in ION Setup when using iEM3155 (device is correctly added as "A9MEM3155" in Template Options)

- there is not tariff setting when using iEM3155 (device is correctly added as "A9MEM3155" in Template Options)

ION Setup version used: 3.0.12242.01

Thanks

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: ION Setup and iEM3155/3255 problem

Thanks Jan for forwarding the feedback.

I'll modify the energy display to divide the registers to correctly display the readings in kW (i.e. 1234 watts will now be shown as 1.234 kW).  As for the tariff information not being shown, I'm waiting on marketing to correctly identify what information they would want ION Setup to display from this device as a viewing tool before going ahead and designing supporting table view displays.  If you could provide some guidance, that would be helpful as well.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Thanks Jan for forwarding the feedback.

I'll modify the energy display to divide the registers to correctly display the readings in kW (i.e. 1234 watts will now be shown as 1.234 kW).  As for the tariff information not being shown, I'm waiting on marketing to correctly identify what information they would want ION Setup to display from this device as a viewing tool before going ahead and designing supporting table view displays.  If you could provide some guidance, that would be helpful as well.

sesa8515
0 Likes

Hello Robert,

if you choose this type of meter:

there should be possible to set up tarrif:

Thanks

Regards

Jan

Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Jan,

It looks like the documentation is incorrect in listing that Multi-Tariff mode command is available.  I've discussed this with the iEM3000 developer in Shanghai and he's indicated that the Multi-Tariff mode can be only modified via the front panel HMI in the present firmware.

I've also modified the setup files to show the energy values in the correct units now (i.e. 123456 watts will be shown as kW 123.456) so if you need to know how to do this immediately, just send me an e-mail (robert.lee@ca.schneider-electric.com) and I'll send you the instructions how to fix it.