Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84244members
353343posts

ION 7550 RTU firmware and templates.

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
ekourany_btupan
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

ION 7550 RTU firmware and templates.

I have an ION 7550 RTU with firmware rev 7550RTUV220 and factory default template 7550-RTU_FAC_V1.1.0 (unit serial PI-0509A144-01 and reference P7550-A0-N9-B9-E0-A0-A)

I have to build an application on this unit for a client, and I downloaded the firmware 7550-RTUV371 from the SE global site.

I wonder is some can help clarify a few things before a go forward with the firmware upgrade:

1. Will this hardware support the V371 firmware version

2. I could find on the site a template (*.dcf) file for the V371 firmware version or any other version of firmware for that matter.  Typically the ION Setup Firmware Upgrade Utility requires both the firmware file (*.upg) and the template file (*.dcf) where can I find the template files for this firmware??

3. where can I find the firmware *.upg files for the legacy version V220 and V221??

Accepted Solutions
ekourany_btupan
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: ION 7550 RTU firmware and templates.

Super Patrick.. Thanks for the info..

Emilio

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Matt_Curry
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Just moving to the Power Monitoring Hardware area.

patrickw
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi Emilio,

Your meter can be upgraded from V220 to V371 without issue.  There is no default template for the RTU devices, and they ship without one due to the custom nature of the solutions they are designed into.

You can skip the template paste in ION setup by holding the CTRL button while clicking on the Upgrade button in the Firmware tab.

ekourany_btupan
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Super Patrick.. Thanks for the info..

Emilio