Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84846members
354303posts

ION 75/650's Current Inputs with 1A or 1V

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

ION 75/650's Current Inputs with 1A or 1V

We have a situation in a utility substation with CT’s ratios of 600:1A but the overcurrent max CT ratings are 1250A on the high side so we are looking just over 2A for the max current at the meter. I’m assuming we should be ordering the 1A calibration for the 1A CTs and that if it overruns the 1A (up to 2A n this case) that the meter will handle that as the inputs appear to be capable of up to 10A with this calibration.

Also, I would like confirmation that we can order the ION 7650 with Current Probe (Voltage) inputs 1V? Now, the real question is, can we use 1/3V / 0.333V CTs with this input order option? I was told yes once but I don’t know if I was understood since it’s not a 1/3V meter, but can I set the nominal to 0-.333?

John Straughn / James Clark?

Accepted Solutions
sesa50168
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: ION 75/650's Current Inputs with 1A or 1V

Hi James -

Regarding the  600:1A CT question, the key point is the accuracy range of the current inputs of the meter.  The accuracy range for the Class 20 inputs, which is the typical range ordered for a 5A CT, is 50mA to 20A. The Class 2 input range supports 1A, 2A, 5A and/or 10A nominal inputs.  The accuracy range is from 10mA to 10A.  Therefore even if your 1A CT is generating a 2A output, the meter can handle it.  The correct order option is the 1A CT input, so that the meter will be calibrated for the potential lower range of current input associated with a 1A CT.

I confirm that the meter can be ordered to accept 0-1V current probe inputs.  I will advise separately regarding the compatibility with .333V CTs.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
sesa50168
0 Likes

Hi James -

Regarding the  600:1A CT question, the key point is the accuracy range of the current inputs of the meter.  The accuracy range for the Class 20 inputs, which is the typical range ordered for a 5A CT, is 50mA to 20A. The Class 2 input range supports 1A, 2A, 5A and/or 10A nominal inputs.  The accuracy range is from 10mA to 10A.  Therefore even if your 1A CT is generating a 2A output, the meter can handle it.  The correct order option is the 1A CT input, so that the meter will be calibrated for the potential lower range of current input associated with a 1A CT.

I confirm that the meter can be ordered to accept 0-1V current probe inputs.  I will advise separately regarding the compatibility with .333V CTs.

JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

John - I need to know that answer about the .333V CTs if it supports 1V CTs.

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

If the meter is  5A option you should not have any problem install it into 1A  CTs, many time we install the ION7550/7650  5A meter with 1A CT they pass the test at site easily try it.