Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84710members
354096posts

How to recover ION7650 password remotely?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa106693_brid
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

How to recover ION7650 password remotely?

Hi @ll,

I have a customer that "somebody" changed the password in two ION 7650 devices and now it is not possible to access/configure. Do you know any way to recover/change the password wihtout removing these devices and send them for a factory reset? If it helps, they are configures and working on a IONE6.0 system.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Regards,

Toni

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: How to recover ION7650 password remotely?

Hello

Hello

Please note that these type of resolutions shall be conducted under technical support guidance / supervision.

@Antonio: I would suggest creating a technical support ticket if you need more details.

Please let me know if you need help in finding the corresponding tech support center for your zone.

Thank you in advance.

Victor

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Hello Antonio,

Unfortunately there is no way to recover the password.

According to the "PowerLogic ION7550 / ION7650 User guide addenda - EN" - page 3

"If your device’s front panel or user passwords are lost, you must return the device for factory reconfiguration, which resets your device to its factory defaults and erases all logged data"

Regards,

Victor

sesa106693_brid
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Thanks Victor,

It is what I suspected, but I wonder if exist some kind of workaround process to avoid the "normal" process.

Regards,

Toni

sesa186702
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Dear Antonio Garballo

I'm not sure if my tool can work with ION7650 ( already tested with 7300 and 7330 ), but we can try

Please help to post your serial meter of ION7650 like MI-XXXXXXXX-XX

I will try and update to you

Best Regards

VictorMarincus
Sisko Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Hello

Hello

Please note that these type of resolutions shall be conducted under technical support guidance / supervision.

@Antonio: I would suggest creating a technical support ticket if you need more details.

Please let me know if you need help in finding the corresponding tech support center for your zone.

Thank you in advance.

Victor

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

I used to let the support person did remote desktop to my computer which connected to the meter under service, try it. Some application like the Team Viewer could do the job I used it to service my customer sometime.

Yut