Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84257members
353354posts

How to calculate demand for pulses on a DI of an ION7650?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Philippe_Morel
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

How to calculate demand for pulses on a DI of an ION7650?

How to calculate last demand and predicted demand for pulses on a digital input of an ION7650?

This is done automatically with a PM800 and a PM5561. (INPUT METERING)

Can an ION7650 also do this? Which modules should I use in Designer?

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Etheridge
Janeway Janeway
Janeway

Re: How to calculate demand for pulses on a DI of an ION7650?

Most likely you can do the differential calculation in the arithmetic module, possibly in combination with some other modules like the store module (to keep the previous interval's ending value for instance) or just use the ART module's capability of keeping previous calculated values.

Another option is to convert the incoming pulses into the current demand value and then use the normal demand modules to calculate the interval demand values.  This seems to be the ION equivalent of the method described for the 820MG above.  Maybe something like a counter module to count the cumulative pulses per interval and then converting that into a power using an ART module and linking that to a demand module.  Just a guess though.

There is almost always multiple methods to solve a given problem with various combinations of ION modules.  I would suggest just breaking the problem down into a series of small calculation steps and then convert those into a set of ION modules.  Once you have a working solution then that can be applied to any ION device.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Mitun_Paul
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hi Philippe,

Could you please elaborate your question. What do you mean by demand for pulses? It would be great if you explain with some example.

Philippe_Morel
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi Mitun,

Below you'll find an extract from the manual of the PM820MG.

The same for the PM5500.

I think I found how to program Last Completed Interval Demand in Designer.

But I can't program the Partial Interval Demand.

Below you'll find an extract from the register list of the METSIM10M.

Here you also have the "instantaneous values" (calculated with the pulses on a digital input). This is what I really want.

But I think the ION7650 needs therefore a differential module (the opposite of the integrator module).

Hal_Etheridge
Janeway Janeway
Janeway

Most likely you can do the differential calculation in the arithmetic module, possibly in combination with some other modules like the store module (to keep the previous interval's ending value for instance) or just use the ART module's capability of keeping previous calculated values.

Another option is to convert the incoming pulses into the current demand value and then use the normal demand modules to calculate the interval demand values.  This seems to be the ION equivalent of the method described for the 820MG above.  Maybe something like a counter module to count the cumulative pulses per interval and then converting that into a power using an ART module and linking that to a demand module.  Just a guess though.

There is almost always multiple methods to solve a given problem with various combinations of ION modules.  I would suggest just breaking the problem down into a series of small calculation steps and then convert those into a set of ION modules.  Once you have a working solution then that can be applied to any ION device.