Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84845members
354302posts

How can I change the UTC time in Alert Module to local time?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa263228
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

How can I change the UTC time in Alert Module to local time?

Hello friends

I'm using the Alert Module to send emails, everything went right but it printed a UTC datetime. So my question is if it's possible to change this to local time (actually GMT -5 Peru).

Thanks.

Tags (4)
3 Replies 3
BrianB
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: How can I change the UTC time in Alert Module to local time?

So after alittle digging I found out that your choices for time are UTC or by using the %t characters you can have UNIX time.

However I did find a workaround in a tech support article that may fill your needs.  I have pasted it below for your reference.

What you need to do is Link the Hour, Minute and Second Clock module output registers to Source2, 3 and 4 respectively of the Alert Module (if you use these sources, use the next three available ones). Then your module would look something like this:

Your message ie: Alert on %N1 (input 1) value: %V1      Local Time:%V2:%V3:%V4

and the email you get would read:

Message:Your message ie: Alert on Vll avg (input 1) value: 1039.45      Local Time:8:59:7

Time:11/01/2006 16:59:07 UTC

Priority:128

Owner:

Tag1:

Tag2:

There is no way to mask the UTC reading, but in this case, you would at least get both times (UTC and Local).

BrianB
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Also this may be of relevance to members of the Hardware Power Monitoring forum.  If you get a chance move the question there for others to view.

It can be found here:

https://powersolutionscommunity.schneider-electric.com/community/power-monitoring-hardware

sesa263228
0 Likes

Thanks for your help.

This question is moved to the Hardware Power Monitoring forum.

I hope that ION could add the feature of changing the time to local.

And thanks again.