Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84746members
354176posts

Configuring a Johnson Controls BMS to truncate some least significant digits in received value transmitted by our energy meter

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa253061_brid
Cadet
0 Likes

Configuring a Johnson Controls BMS to truncate some least significant digits in received value transmitted by our energy meter

Hello All,

Greetings from Power Monitoring team - Bangalore, India!

There's a customer in Malaysia who is using our PM1200 Energy meter with a Johnson Controls Building Management System (I have asked for the exact tool that they are using, version info, etc.). For zero current and voltage, our meter reads zero on its display but transmits a very small non-zero value (of the order of 10^-18) through its RS485 communication. Protocol used is MODBUS, data type is FLOAT32. This miniscule non-zero value is present because of some limitation in the calculation algorithm used in the meter.

The customer wants to read an exact zero through communication in the absence of current and voltage. We have asked him to configure his BMS to truncate the last few (least significant) digits from the received value. Doing so will give an exact zero as desired. But he seems to be having trouble following this.

I am not familiar with the Johnson Controls BMS, but I believe there must be some way to configure the tool to truncate least significant digits from a received value. Is there someone who is aware of the Johnson Controls BMS tool and can help me understand / guide me how to configure it so that it will truncate some least significant digits in received value (transmitted by our energy meter)?

Thanks & Regards,

Sutanu.