"Send E-mail" displayUse this display to define the settings for a Send E-mail alert action on a NetBotz Appliance.
A name field, severity selections, and the "Alert Action Scheduling" display that all alert action types share, are also available.
Make sure the SMTP settings for the monitored NetBotz Appliances are defined properly.
|Click to add an e-mail address to the address list.
|Click to remove a selected e-mail address from the address list.
|Include Threshold-specific Addresses
|Select to send e-mails to e-mail addresses defined at the NetBotz Appliance alert thresholds.
Threshold-specific addresses example
- A “generic_send_email” alert action is created with no e-mail addresses included.
- Include Threshold-specific Addresses is selected for this "generic_send_email" action.
- The “generic_send_email” alert action is added to an alert profile called “alert_profile1.”
- The “alert_profile1” profile is specified for two thresholds, “temp_too_high” and “humidity_too_high.”
- The “temp_too_high” threshold has Threshold-Specific Addresses for User1 and User2, and the “humidity_too_high” threshold has Threshold-Specific Addresses for User3 and User4.
- When “temp_too_high” triggers, only User1 and User2 will receive e-mails.
- When “humidity_too_high” triggers, only User3 and User4 will receive e-mails.
Advanced tabProvides elements that further define what an e-mail can include, as well as an Alert Action Scheduling button that allows you to select when an alert action is enabled (all time periods are enabled, by default).
|Maximum Camera Pictures
|Select the maximum number of pictures that can be included in e-mails.
|Include a Graph with the Alert
|Select to include graphs in e-mails.
|Include Related Maps with the Alert
|Select to include related maps in e-mails.
|Include a Sound Clip with the Alert
|Select to include related sound clips in e-mails, for NetBotz Appliances only.
Disabled for NetBotz Appliances that have no audio support.
|Do Not Send Return-to-Normal Messages
|Select if you do not want to receive an e-mail when the threshold violation returns to normal.
|Minimize Header Usage
|Select to minimize the size of the e-mail headers.
|Picture Export Format
|Select the format used for pictures sent with e-mails.
The export options will depend on how the NetBotz Appliance is configured.