Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

SxW ITO 7.5.2: how to install it correctly under RHEL/CentOS-7.x?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

SxW ITO 7.5.2: how to install it correctly under RHEL/CentOS-7.x?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2017-04-05

Hi all!

In continuation of the topic discussed in the  I want to ask some questions on the installation of the above software in the OS environment RHEL/CentOS-7.x.

Q1: If you follow Installing IT Optimize instruction, then the Schneider Electric IT Optimize software is installed, namely the energycenter component. This can also be checked by successfully visiting the link, for example https://localhost:8090. But the components of Intel DCM and Intel KVM (which are present in the installation tarball StruxureWareItOptimizeWithServerAccess-setup-7.5.2.linux.x64.tar.gz) are not installed in this case, which can be easily checked for inaccessible links, for example, http://localhost:8688/DataCenterManager/ (or https://localhost:8643/DataCenterManager/). So how do you properly install the above software?

Q2: This is not even a question, but a remark about the problem. If you perform a subsequent uninstallation of SxW ITO, the associated processes mysql and java for some reason do not stop and do not kill. In addition, the viridity user and his home directory are not removed from the system. As a result, if you do not pay attention to this and then try to reinstall SxW ITO, the installer already invisibly suggests for the ITOptimize Web Application Port Setting not the default port of 8090, but 8091. And this moment can be ignored and then unsuccessfully try to login on port 8090, as indicated in the instructions 😀.

Very thanks for the support.

(CID:116364138)

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: SxW ITO 7.5.2: how to install it correctly under RHEL/CentOS-7.x?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2017-04-11

Hello @spezialist

I will make sure our documentation for installation of ITO on the modern CentOS / RH is updated to include the following. 

• Extract the ITO installer zip file to a temp folder.

• Change the permissions on the ITO installer and shell files to executable. If this step is skipped the Intel DCM products will not be installed. Go to the temp folder in which the ITO installer zip was extracted.

chmod 755 *.bin *.sh

• The installer expects to find the "lsb" packages on the server.  If you run this command:

yum list installed | grep lsb

You should see a small list of packages displayed (I had eight matches on my server) . If not, then install the "lsb" packages.

yum install lsb

• If installing on RH/CentOS 7.x run the ITO installer with the "–check_os_supported no" command line option.

StruxureWareItOptimize-setup.linux.x64.bin --check_os_supported no

• Answer the questions and allow the installer to complete

• Once completed, it may be necessary to open port 8090 on the ITO server if the firewall is active.

To verify whether the firewall is running:

firewall-cmd --state

Verify which firewall zone is active:

firewall-cmd  --get-active-zones

Add port 8090 to the running and permanent firewall rules. Substitute the proper "active" firewall zone if "public" is not correct. Also substitute "8090" with the customized port id if this port number was changed during ITO installation.

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8090/tcp
    firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=8090/tcp

• You should be able to test access to the ITO server by browsing to https://<ITO-Server-IP>:8090/

(CID:116921091)

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ditte Drewer Mathiasen on 2017-04-06

Hi spezialist, 

thanks for posting. Lets see who can be of assistance here. @community any ideas?

Kind regards Ditte   

(CID:116364986)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2017-04-11

Hello @spezialist

I will make sure our documentation for installation of ITO on the modern CentOS / RH is updated to include the following. 

• Extract the ITO installer zip file to a temp folder.

• Change the permissions on the ITO installer and shell files to executable. If this step is skipped the Intel DCM products will not be installed. Go to the temp folder in which the ITO installer zip was extracted.

chmod 755 *.bin *.sh

• The installer expects to find the "lsb" packages on the server.  If you run this command:

yum list installed | grep lsb

You should see a small list of packages displayed (I had eight matches on my server) . If not, then install the "lsb" packages.

yum install lsb

• If installing on RH/CentOS 7.x run the ITO installer with the "–check_os_supported no" command line option.

StruxureWareItOptimize-setup.linux.x64.bin --check_os_supported no

• Answer the questions and allow the installer to complete

• Once completed, it may be necessary to open port 8090 on the ITO server if the firewall is active.

To verify whether the firewall is running:

firewall-cmd --state

Verify which firewall zone is active:

firewall-cmd  --get-active-zones

Add port 8090 to the running and permanent firewall rules. Substitute the proper "active" firewall zone if "public" is not correct. Also substitute "8090" with the customized port id if this port number was changed during ITO installation.

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8090/tcp
    firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=8090/tcp

• You should be able to test access to the ITO server by browsing to https://<ITO-Server-IP>:8090/

(CID:116921091)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2017-04-12

Hi Greg Sterling,

Thank you very much for the short manual: it is very useful.

My mistake was that I made only one *.bin file executable. As soon as I made all *.sh files executable, the problem was solved 😀. The ITO-software was installed normally in its entirety.

Greg Sterling convert your comment to answer and I mark it as solved.

Very thanks for the support.

(CID:116921093)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.