Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84292members
353412posts

Missing Syslog Unsucessful Authentication Attempt

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Missing Syslog Unsucessful Authentication Attempt

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Raphael FLAMENBAUM on 2019-11-13

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on the Monitoring capacities of the Netbotz Rack Monitor 250. I need to check if the Rack Monitor is able to provide syslog monitoring data when an unsucessful Authentication Attempt is done. To be noted, the syslog has been enabled on the Netbotz.

This could be triggered by:

• a correct login, wrong password
  • an incorrect login

I have performed some tests on my Netbotz, but sadly, I did not see any syslog returned to my monitoring PC. (checking tail -f /var/log/messages)

Do you confirm that the Rack Monitor does not return any syslog message when an unsuccessful authentication attempt is performed ?

Do you know any work-around possible to get the information regarding the unsuccessful authentication attempt ?

I thank you in advance for the answer you will provide to my questions.

Best Regards,

rf2019

(CID:151065098)

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Missing Syslog Unsucessful Authentication Attempt

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stine Hansen on 2019-12-16

Hi Raphael FLAMENBAUM, sorry to leave you hanging.

If you're still seeing this issue, I recommend you contact your local tech support.

Thanks,

Stine

(CID:152570135)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Missing Syslog Unsucessful Authentication Attempt

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Raphael FLAMENBAUM on 2019-12-17

Hi,

I do not have any answer yet.

Do you know if APC Schneider Electric provides an exhaustive list of syslog messages provided by the Rack Monitor NetBotz 250 ?

Best Regards,

rf2019

(CID:152570658)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.