Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84462members
353666posts

Having template applied to new equipment additions

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

coolRoundGuy
Cadet
0 Likes

Having template applied to new equipment additions

I have applied a custom template at the floor level, and rack level. I was hoping it would apply down to all systems after doing so, but I still had to open the front and rear view, and apply the template there too before it would be seen in the web gui. But now my thinking was that since the template is attached at the rack level etc... that any new equipment adds would show the field I added with the custom template, but it doesn't. Is this not achievable? I simply want the new equipment to have the custom field "warranty expires" when we add it from the web gui, local app, etc...

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: Having template applied to new equipment additions

Hi,

The created custom property template(s) will not be applied automatically to modelled items, you need manually apply the template(s) to items in the system.
More info here:
https://helpcenter.ecostruxureit.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038495633-Custom-properties
However, custom properties or templates can also be added to items in your Genomes catalogue, so next time you model the item (from Genomes) it would contain the configured property.

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)