Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84805members
354261posts

APC Smart-UPS DDF file latest version

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

APC Smart-UPS DDF file latest version

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mark on 2017-03-30

Good morning,

I am running into a problem while migrating from a Struxureware DCE Hareware version 7.3.1.114   to a Struxureware virtual server version 7.3.1.114.

Could you please tell me what is the latest version of DDF files for APC Smart-UPS? I have an error on some on Some APC Smart-UPS  RT 3000 RM XL  devices.  the current DDF file is version 59.

It was suggested by support that the problem might have stemmed from out of date firmware on the device. I have updated the firmware from v3.5.8 to v.37.2 and still the device appears in a failed state. (Yet when the device  is accessed via th launch to device feature in DCE the device is normal and not failed)  

Support also had me check SNMP settings , FTP settings  to see that will clear up the message showing ... "Device status may be innaccurate because an attempt to transfer a device definition file (DDF) failed."

A the moment both systems are running in parrellel while we ensure everything has been migrated over properly and I can see the devices accurately reflected in the harware version.  

However in the virtual version this issue of inaccurately showing still persists.

i need to get the corrected and move on.

has this issue been incountered before by anyone else?

Mark  

(CID:116361981)

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: APC Smart-UPS DDF file latest version

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrew Trabert on 2017-03-30

if your error is "Device status may be innaccurate because an attempt to transfer a device definition file (DDF) failed."  Then that's solely based on DCE being able to FTP/SCP to the device and download an alarm ddf (this is different than a sensor ddf).

Some solutions include making sure ftp is enabled on the device, ftp is open on your network between DCE and the device, and that DCE has the username/password in Device–>Device File Transfer settings.  You may also want to reboot the network card from web interface.

• the same would apply if you were using scp over ssh instead of ftp

If you have some other error thats not clearing, please post

(CID:116361986)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jim Davis on 2017-09-20

Andrew

I also have a similar issue with Smart-UPS VT on v6.4.6 firmware with this "Device status may be innaccurate because an attempt to transfer a device definition file (DDF) failed." error when adding into DCE.

When on v6.4.0 firmware it works ok.

Jim Davis

(CID:125209696)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrew Trabert on 2017-09-20

is this the same UPS as the one on 6.4.0?  

what version of DCE?  

what version of the core.xml ddf are you running?  

are you using just ftp or scp?  

does DCE have accurate username/password and ip in Device File Transfer settings?

if you check the UPS event log, do you see DCE logging in? if so for how long?

have you tried rebooting DCE and/or the UPS network card?

can you update to 6.5.0 fw?

can you ftp to the nmc successfully?

Hope these questions lead you to an answer, if not reply with the above and I'll do what I can to help.

(CID:125209700)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.