Receive error stating that a Menta "File object is locked by another application" when trying to open it for editing.
- TAC Vista
There are several potential causes of this error:
- The Menta (.mta) file is already open locally or on a remote machine.
- The current user does not have the appropriate authority to edit the file.
- Menta crashes while editing a file opened directly from the Server. Each subsequent attempt to launch the Menta editor from Workstation will result in this error.
- When a "standard" Menta file is being used and the user attempts to edit the Menta file locally. For more information about this scenario, please see "Read-only because object refers to a standard file" when editing Menta from Workstation.
The following resolutions correspond to the causes listed above:
- If an instance of Menta already has the file open, whether on the local computer or on a remotely connected computer, then it must be closed before trying to open and edit that particular Menta file again.
- If the current Vista user has only "User" privileges or is otherwise limited from editing Menta then a user with the appropriate authority should log in to open the Menta file for editing.
- Shut down then restart Vista Server and Workstation if the error was caused by Menta crashing.
- See the link in Cause D above.