Installed the tool under Windows 10 but was unable to assign a port in the tool's connection settings because there are no ports showing in Windows Device Manager.
- BACnet Service Tool
Windows legacy hardware configuration.
Windows 10 by default does not include the legacy ports.
Legacy ports must be added to the Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager from Windows Control Panel.
2. Select 'Action' then 'Add legacy hardware' or Go to "Start" and type hdwwiz.exe then press Enter
6. Select 'Ports (COM & LTP) then Next
7. Select Microsoft/Standard Serial over Bluetooth link then NEXT
8. Complete the legacy hardware installation, Device Manager will then show the ports.
9. In the Service Tool select the appropriate port.
When the connection has been established from Windows PC to RoamIO2 device, the BlueTooth settings in Windows will indicate 'Connected' NOTE that if it only indicates paired there will be no data transfer even though the blue LED is illuminated on the RoamIO2 device.
(see screenshot below)