When Upgrading I/NET Seven that is currently running older rev of software to version 2.40, while doing equalization, an issue arises when the editor for the site and key information does not come up. It skips right over that and comes up with the SQL log in and password. Once this is entered, it proceeds to upgrade but when I/NET is started it gives an Initialization Failure.
I/NET Seven revisions 2.XX and higher but below 2.40
An existing instance of SQL was present there which prevented the software from completely installing.
- Uninstall and reinstall of the system as described in Procedure for uninstalling I/NET Seven on a stand-alone host.
- Once these are completed, then restart again.
- Verify connectivity to the system.
- Re promote the Filemaster of Server, verify that the snapshot is created and the database is intact.
- Repromote the clients and verify that they are all communicating and that Equalization is in fact working again.