Steps on how to setup BACnet Time Synchronization to 3rd Party BACnet controllers.
EcoStruxure Building Opertaion
- SmartX Enterprise Server (ES)
- SmartX Automation Server (AS)
It is not always clear what is required to setup BACnet Time Synchronization and how to confirm that EcoStruxure Building Operation is actually performing it properly.
To use the Time Synchronisation you will need to bring the 3rd Party BACnet device (Eg. Continuum bCX) under the EBO BACnet Interface -> IP Network:
- Go to the BACnet Interface Time Synchronization Recipients Tab.
- Add a new Local time synchronization recipient with the '+' button.
- Select recipient type as 'reference'
- In the Recipient device object reference field browse for your BACnet Device.
- Press OK and then save the changes.
- Right-click on the BACnet Interface and select send time sync now.
- This will send out an unconfirmed-req TimeSynchronization to that specific Device only.
Test Scenario with a bCX setup as a third-party BACnet controller
You will see a unconfirmed-req TimeSynchronization packet being sent from the ES in WireShark but with no response from the bCX. You may not see responses back from other 3rd party devices. The time in the bCX should be seen to change from within Continuum, (assuming it was incorrect in the first place)