In some projects there is demand for importing a large number of individuals from an existing spreadsheet for individual information at one time.
- I/NET Seven Revision 2.xx and higher
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
In some cases the customers have a spreadsheet or database of employees and/or users which they want to quickly import into their I/NET Seven Access control database.
The whole process is to import the data from the excel file to the IDWorksView table of SQL database of I/NET. The steps below needs to be followed:
- Prepare the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express. Click here to down this tool for version 2005 free of charge. If for version 2008, click here to download. Then install this tool.
- Download the individual spreadsheet Excel template and SQL script here. Save to the C:\.
- Ensure that the Tenant, Group have been added in I/NET already. Also ensure that all the card numbers in the spreadsheet don't conflict the ones already in I/NET.
- Enter the individual information into this template. If there are photos for individuals, the folder of the photos also need to be entered.
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express and connect to the database.
- Find the InetDb database, and open the SQL script just downloaded from the File menu.
- Click Execute to run the script. Then if without any problems, the successful result will be shown in the output message window.
- The next step is to get the imported data downloaded to the controllers.
- For each SLI perform a station SAV and station restore – it may take some time for all this information to be downloaded to the DPUs and may fail in some instances. You may also notice the system slow up for some time (hours) until all of this information has been successfully downloaded to the controllers.
- It may also be necessary to force the data into the DPU by performing staggered DPU Restores on specific doors that are experiencing incorrect functionality.
- There is also a method that download the imported data without any operation in I/NET software by a function called Automatic DPU Restore. Refer to Automatic DPU Restore and Individuals added via Datacard ID Works are not getting access to doors for detailed information about how to set Automatic DPU Restore in I/NET.
This is the method using SQL Server Management Studio Express. The Microsoft Access can also be used to do the importing work. Refer to How to import a large number of Individuals into an I/NET Access Control database for detailed information.