Which Continuum versions support an NC2(9680)?
Procedure for replacing a CX99xx with a CX9680
- NetController 2 NCII CX9680
Netcontroller II (CX9680) is supported in Continuum versions 1.80 and higher
Upgrade the site to Continuum 1.80 or higher for NC2 support
Procedure for converting an NetController1 (NC1/99xx) to a NetcontrollerII (NC2/9680)
To convert a NetController to a NetController II, perform the following steps:
- Back up your SQL Server database.
See the Andover Continuum CyberStation Installation Guide, 30- 3001-720, and Microsoft® SQL server documentation.
- From the Continuum Explorer, use the right-click popup menu for this controller, and select Send to Text File.
This drops the controller object’s data into a text file. For various ways to customize this operation, whereby you can save the controller’s child objects, please see the Send to Database Options in the CyberStation online help.
- Update your workstation with a version of CyberStation that supports the newer NetController models.
These models are supported by CyberStation Version 1.8 and higher.
- Physically remove the old NetController, and mount/connect your NetController II.
When you configure and commission the NetController II, use the same controller name, network IP address, and network ID. This is performed via the controller’s embedded web commissioning pages and via the General tab and the Network tab of the CyberStation’s Infinity Controller editor.
- Switch to CyberStation offline editing mode in the InfinityController editor.
- On the General tab, from the Controller Type dropdown menu, change the model number to 9680 or 9681, depending on which NetController II you are installing.
- Make sure you actually want to replace the NetController.
When you attempt to change the controller model, Cyberstation displays a few warning messages:
- Cyberstation warns that a model change is irreversible.
- Cyberstation warns that, if an XDriver is used with this controller, not all XDrivers are supported by the new model.
XDrivers on NetController II — In general, Xdrivers that are available on the bCX1 model 9640 are also supported on the NetController II.
For example, supported NetController II XDrivers include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Modbus TCP
- Modbus RTU
XDrivers built for the previous-generation NetControllers will not run on the NetController II.
What is an XDriver? An XDriver is special, customized software that your site purchases separately from TAC. The XDriver software allows your controller to connect to and communicate with a special piece of third-party equipment needed at your site. In the CyberStation CommPort editor, you must configure a controller comm port for this special device that the XDriver software enables.
* When you leave the InfintyController editor, go back to online editing mode.
- If necessary, provide an updated XDriver file compatible with your NetController II. CyberStation prompts you to do this.
Note: You can specify an XDriver on the General tab of the CommPort editor. Specify XDriver for the Default Mode, and use the browse button in the XDriver File Name field to search for and specify the path of the XDriver.
- Determine whether this NetController II has network security. If so, configure network security for this controller.
Note: Network Security is supported only in NetController II model 9680, as well as ACX controllers 5720 and 5740.
- Restore (reload) data from your database into the new controller.
From CyberStation’s Continuum Explorer, use the Object dropdown menu or right-click the object popup menu for this controller object, and select Send to Controller.
- Back up to flash. In Continuum Explorer, right-click over this controller, and from the container popup menu, select Backup to Flash.
This saves the controller’s RAM configuration to its flash memory, in accordance with the attribute value that is set for the ACCRestartMode system variable.