Sporadic values in Vista or Vista Graphics show up as red X or "Invalid Value"
- Vista Workstation
- Classic Environment
Vista is designed to only have one instance of Vista Server running per system. If two Vista Servers are polling the same equipment, data will not be read correctly.
Configure all machines as a Remote Workstation with the instructions below. The remote Workstation will be networked to the Vista Server you would like to remotely view.
To allow for correct communication DCOM setting will also need to be set. See Helpful Vista Utilities - Configure DCOM instantly, Register ASP.NET for the utility to complete this process.
- Shut down all Vista programs, including Vista Server
- Start Vista Workstation
- You will see this log in screen:
- Click on "Options" to display this screen
- Change "[Local Server]" to the IP address of the machine with Vista Server running
- Enter your username and password and select OK