Trying to run DBCreate and the Windows Authentication does not allow me to login and sysadmin (sa) password not known.
- I/NET Seven
- Windows XP / Windows 7
This is normally related to the logged in user not having either Administrative privileges to the PC and / or the correct access privileges to the SQL Server.
The best solution is to verify / modify the logged in account is part of the Administrator group and that the Administrator group has access rights to the SQL Server database(s).
Another solution would be to change / modify the sysadmin (SA) password and use the SQL Server authentication. Refer to Changing the MSDE SQL Server Sys Admin account password is not supported by the I/NET Seven DbCreate... or Lost/ Forget/ Modify the SysAdmin SQL default password created during the installation of TAC Vista ... on how to achieve this. Caution: Note that changing this password may impact on other applications using SQL Server.
Both of these solutions may also require IT personnel to get involved.
A possible workaround maybe to run the application at a higher authority level. To do this perform the following steps:
- Locate Application, in this case DBCreate within Start > Programs> INET
- Right-Click on DBCreate - Database Create Utility shortcut and select the option "Run as.."
- Login with the Administrator or known user with administrator privileges
- Connect using > Windows Authentication should now be possible
- Locate Application, in this case DBCreate within Start (Windows7 icon) > All Programs > INET
- Right-Click on DBCreate - Database Create Utility shortcut and select "Run as administrator" option
- From DBCreate application Connect using > Windows Authentication should now be possible