Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84865members
354357posts

disabling Back-UPS 550VA alarm question

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
omega_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

disabling Back-UPS 550VA alarm question

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/31/2009

2 years ago, I bought a APC Back-UPS 550VA for a workstation. I have since left this job (I have moved out of town too, so I can't go there) but I still know the secretary who works at that station.

With the Parachute program, under the Notification section it has "Disable battery backup alarms at all times" selected. Does this silence the UPS forever including the dead battery warning? From what I read it will silence the alarm for a power outage but not the dead battery alarm. Most likely the battery would not get replaced right away or at all. I can send the secretary an email to explain what to do but I wanted to know beforehand.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: disabling Back-UPS 550VA alarm question

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/1/2009

Disabling the battery backup alarms will only disable the audible alerts generated when the UPS must go onto battery for a power disturbance. Critical alarms such as a chirp due to an internal fault or a replace battery indication will still occur as needed.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: disabling Back-UPS 550VA alarm question

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/1/2009

Disabling the battery backup alarms will only disable the audible alerts generated when the UPS must go onto battery for a power disturbance. Critical alarms such as a chirp due to an internal fault or a replace battery indication will still occur as needed.