Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84717members
354114posts

Which is right for my customer? MGE 30kVA or VT Smart-UPS 30kVA

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
AlexLindsay_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Which is right for my customer? MGE 30kVA or VT Smart-UPS 30kVA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/23/2012

We are really new to including UPSs as part of our solutions. I am familiar with APC products from our smaller scale applications but have never worked with equipment of this size.

I notice a difference in suggested retail price but do not see much difference between the MGE Smart Online or the APC Smart-UPS. Could someone please highlight the major differences I should consider and perhaps which one, from your experience, is the best solution for a customer?

Accepted Solutions
upsguy_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Which is right for my customer? MGE 30kVA or VT Smart-UPS 30kVA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/24/2012

The APC MGE Galaxy 3500 and the APC SUVT are very similar, the main difference is the MGE unit has a different NEMA rated enclosure and a built in air filter.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
upsguy_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Which is right for my customer? MGE 30kVA or VT Smart-UPS 30kVA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/24/2012

The APC MGE Galaxy 3500 and the APC SUVT are very similar, the main difference is the MGE unit has a different NEMA rated enclosure and a built in air filter.