Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84707members
354090posts

Back-UPS ES 550 continuous beep without any led

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
jcb92_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back-UPS ES 550 continuous beep without any led

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/22/2016

My UPS does not work.

The unit is plugged directly to a wall outlet, there is no device plugged.

when I switch on the unit there is a quick green led flash then nothing (all led are off) but just a continuous beep.

The beep stops after switch off.

According the manual the situation looks like an overload. As there is no device plugged it should be something else.

May the problem come from the battery or is the unit damaged ?

I try also to switch on the unit without the battery : then the master enable LED is flashing very quickly and it sounds like a click (not a beep)

B.R.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS ES 550 continuous beep without any led

This reply was originally posted by Nicole on APC forums on 8/25/2016

Hi B.R., 

Usually when you hear a constant tone with no load, that can indicate either the unit needs a new battery or the battery is disconnected. However, with both these situations you would see lights flashing. With a replace battery alarm, you will hear a constant tone and see a red light flashing that looks like a battery with an X in it. With a battery disconnect alarm you will also hear a constant tone and see the red replace battery and green online light flash alternately. 

According to the serial number, the unit was manufactured in 2012 and if it contains the original battery then it is about 4 years old. Our batteries have a life span of about 3-5 years so it is possible the UPS may just need a new battery. 

Is your unit displaying symptoms similar to what I described above? 

Nicole 

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Nicole on APC forums on 8/22/2016

Hello B.R., 

Can you please provide the model and serial number of the UPS? It is located on a white sticker on the bottom of the unit. 

Nicole 

jcb92_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/23/2016

Hello,

On the white sticker I have the following references :

BE550G-FR

5B1232T04102

Best Regards

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Nicole on APC forums on 8/25/2016

Hi B.R., 

Usually when you hear a constant tone with no load, that can indicate either the unit needs a new battery or the battery is disconnected. However, with both these situations you would see lights flashing. With a replace battery alarm, you will hear a constant tone and see a red light flashing that looks like a battery with an X in it. With a battery disconnect alarm you will also hear a constant tone and see the red replace battery and green online light flash alternately. 

According to the serial number, the unit was manufactured in 2012 and if it contains the original battery then it is about 4 years old. Our batteries have a life span of about 3-5 years so it is possible the UPS may just need a new battery. 

Is your unit displaying symptoms similar to what I described above? 

Nicole